Wednesday 31 December 2014

Christmas Update


Just keeping you updated on a small Christmas venture. I wanted to work a little bit on my environmental concepting, however I realized I was having trouble with idea generation, this was probably because I didn't have any specific idea in mind of what I wanted aside from 'fantasy landscape'. Almost miraculously a few days later FZD released the absolute perfect video on idea generation. It basically was using photo bashing as a technique to generate loads of completely different landscapes. I gave it a try and they came out really cool, but I think I may have relied on the photo bashing too much and painting over them not enough, so there's still work to be done here. I still thought it was a really interesting tutorial though, and when we inevitably have to do some sort of landscape design in the future, a technique like this might come in useful. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-l9kNXAeGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment