The natural progressive step for me was polypainting, I love sculpting, it feels organic and natural and fun, so it didn't surprise me when I found polypaining and equally awesome way to work.
This is one of the nicest and most detailed texture sheets I've made. Each part of it has had a lot of care put into it, which is why it makes me immensely sad that I've packed such detailed assets so tightly. I think these mushrooms could easily have done with being two separate texture sheets. When these were all baked out I was sad to see the quality drop from the sculpt to the bake, purely through how the resolution of the texture. Negotiations are taking place currently as to not have the texture size reduced further, I'll fight for my mushrooms.
In the meantime everyone's assets are slowly coming together, alot of the plant life Christy made for the Canal level are being put in the forest and it looks really cool. In the meantime however, the forest engine file I've been working on is being absorbed into the bigger game. I want to say it'ss too soon, but I think that's just because I've been enjoying working with my own file, although it will be considerably harder to work with it now that I also have to abide my someones schedule as well. On the bright side our level is getting sewn together, and we'll soon be able to play from start to finish. Yay!